Buckhorn Energy Services headquartered in Colorado is seeking a Salt Water Disposal (SWD) Site Supervisor for our Texas field location.
The Site Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operation and general maintenance of one to three SWD facilities including hands on activities, troubleshooting of equipment and facilities, and coordination and management of contractors.
- Operates the salt water disposal (SWD) in accordance with government and company rules and regulations
- Works independently to identify compliance issues and, with guidance from the area manager, implements action plans for complete resolution.
- Works independently to identify operational excellence and continuous improvement ideas and, with guidance from the area manager, implements action plans to realize benefits.
- Completes day-to-day operational activities including starting and stopping of machinery, turning valves to align appropriate flow through pipework, cleaning/emptying strainer baskets and screens, cleaning containments, maintaining the general cleanliness of the site and work area, assisting truck drivers with hose connections and offload activities, working with computer control systems, completing daily operational reports, and generating maintenance field request tickets.
- Works independently to troubleshoot and resolve problems when they occur.
- After hours customer service coordination when on call.
- After hours alarm resolution when on call.
- Is able to rationalize when issues can be resolved and when consultation with the area manager and/or outside consultants is necessary.
- Completes light maintenance activities including basic valve and pump replacements, new equipment installations, and preventive maintenance procedures to ensure SWD facility is able to maximize receipt of water.
- Provides technical guidance to outside contract personnel.
- Provides supervision and direction to outside contract personnel.
- Works within approved SWD budgets.
- Ensures communication between contract personnel, customers, truck drivers, company sales staff, and area management.
- Ensures compliance with all safety policies, procedures, and audits through coaching and leadership.
- Reports all safety, environmental, operations, and financial issues to the area manager along with the plan for resolution.
- Coordinates mechanical and engineering controls to assure skim oil quality and quantity.
- Works as a team member supporting other site supervisors to achieve their goals.
- When requested, acts on the Area Manager’s behalf.
- Has and maintains a valid driver’s license
- Insure the accurate and timely submittal of daily operational reports.
- May train other employees on the day to day operation of SWD facilities.
- Work with well operators in coordination with company sales staff to ensure the maximum market penetration and profitability of saltwater disposal wells within the region.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Knowledge of company and government rules and regulations relative to the industry.
- Possesses flexibility and is able to respond to daily demands and critical issues.
- Competent in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional and customer focused.
- Familiarity with the local oil, SWD, and services industry. Preferably maintains a strong list of contacts in the area.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures for working around petroleum/hydrocarbon solutions.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- College education or equivalent experience is desired.
- Three (3) or more years of experience operating and/or maintaining an SWD or oilfield facility.
- Working Environment:
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
- Physical Activities:
- Lifting, dragging, and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent bending, twisting, squatting.
- Climbing stairs frequently and repeatedly throughout a shift.
- Long periods (2 to 4 hours) without sitting.